Celeste St. Pierre
Celeste St.Pierre Celeste is a Master Total ImmersionTM Coach, as well as a triathlete with over 20 years of experience in Sprint, Olympic, off-road, half and Ironman races, including the Great Floridian 1998, Ironman Florida 2000, and Triathlon All-American 2004. She was third in her age group in 2011 at the Nationals Sprint Tri and was Regional Champion in 2011 for Off-Road triathlon. She is a certified Power Pilates Instructor, a USA Swimming Level 1 Coach, and a USA Triathlon Coach. She lives and trains in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
A little while ago, I was interviewed by my friend John Sifferman from Physical Living. In this interview you will get the following:
- Learn about Celeste’s background in triathlons and how an out-of-shape person who could swim much faster and easier than she could ultimately led her to discovering the Total Immersion system
- Why the solution to improving swim performance is rarely trying harder
- How a little yellow and blue book changed everything about the way Celeste saw the sport of swimming
- How to cooperate with the water, instead of wrestling with it, to achieve flow-state performance when swimming (Total Immersion-style)
- What makes Total Immersion unique from other swimming systems
- The similarities between swimming, yoga, tai chi, and other gentle training methods
- The importance of mindfulness in training, particularly when swimming
- How to work with gravity, using optimal body alignment and posture to swim effortlessly
- The paradigm shift that is essential for effortless swimming
- Why most people struggle in the water + why learning how to float using a simple balance drill is the best way to relax and overcome fear
- The value of getting out of the pool and swimming in nature
- Why going easy and slow instead of hard and fast will get you further, faster when swimming
- The most common mistake new swimmers, and even experienced swimmers, make when swimming
- Celeste’s number one recommendation for people interested in learning how to swim well
- And much more!
Click HERE to listen to (or download) the audio interview!